We’re a software house created by a team of experienced specialists who turn ideas and concepts into breakthrough technological solutions. Our speciality is creating optimal new web and mobile applications from scratch.
We’ve been on the market since 2003 and have completed almost 200 projects for 104 clients and counting. But it’s not the numbers that define us. It’s the colour teal. Teal symbolizes calmness and clarity. As an organization, we consider ourselves a teal structure, based on building and growing mutual relationships that benefit everyone involved.
What sets us apart is our human-first software development approach.
DeSmart is made up of people, and people are the most important factor. Our team, our clients and their customers are our top priority. We’re defined by our common values and not by a hierarchy of positions defining individual status or pecking order.
We’re a group of independent specialists who enjoy working with each other. Everyone has a specific function and tasks, but we’re also flexible. We have no superiors or bosses looking over our shoulder, monitoring our every move or following our progress.
Instead, we have a common mission and skills so we can engage even in the most difficult challenges. We don’t always agree with each other, but our diversity of viewpoints improves our optics so we can make joint decisions about the choice of technology, new projects, and company strategy. This gives us the perfect dynamic for upward mobility in an ever-changing world.
This is not a fairy tale about some non-existent utopia, but an actively created and inspiring reality in which we aim to stay and act together through communication and cooperation. We treat each other as equal partners, without judging, bidding, or betting on ego. We’re fully responsible for the vast majority of our projects: from the point of inception of the clients’ idea to the launch of the finished product on the market. Only 25% of projects are implemented under the so-called “bench”.
Human-first software development is much more than a catchy advertising slogan. At DeSmart, what matters most is who we are, not just the skills we have. We offer benefits tailored to the individual needs of our experts – their daily rhythm, preferences, and interests.
The freedom to work remotely
We work from various locations, with the option to work from our office designed for its atmosphere and ambience – a tenement house with a garden, located in the centre of Kamienna Góra in Gdynia. We meet for projects there, but also to socialize for board games on Wednesdays and have breakfast together on Fridays.
Flexible working hours
We’re an integrated group of early birds and night owls and are motivated to get to the task at hand. Being passionate about what we do and enthusiastic about creating solutions, we’re open to working at the times and in the places that stimulate us most.
We’re a close-knit team and we can count on each other in every matter – private and professional. Move? Help in caring for the baby? No problem. We always bring good vibes and a positive spirit!
If DeSmart values are close to you and you want to talk about your project or join our team – let’s talk.
With us, you will:
- have an influence on what you create, work with startups and companies from all over the world, and co-create meaningful products that are launched on production,
- meet clients and participate in product workshops,
- experience how it’s like to work on variety of projects,
- talk and plan work with the team and the Product Owner, and have influence on the form and the scope of the project,
- work with Product Canvases, User Stories, Impact Mapping, Story Mapping and create the Backlog,
- we won’t tell you how to do things, you will be telling us how you want to do them,
- be working with people who really care and have the same values as you.
What we expect from you:
- 2+ years of commercial experience as a UX/UI Designer (if you’re simply brilliant at it, it could be less)
- up-to-date portfolio with case studies to boast about,
- strong command of written and spoken English,
- ability to manage the project as an independent designer from A to Z (from initial concept to UI design),
- ability to gather requirements from the client at the early stage of every project,
- good communication skills, assertiveness and being comfortable presenting and explaining your work within a team and directly to clients,
- ability to create diagrams, user and system flow charts, and design mockups with hand-off to guide developers,
- knowledge of design tools (preferably Figma or similar tool),
We would love if you:
- know how to create and manage Design Systems,
- have attention to details,
- have some experience using Photoshop and Illustrator,
- have basic html/css knowledge (no coding required!),
- have experience working in agile methodology,
- are not afraid of giving and taking feedback.